My Community Profile

PinkBear
08/20/2011
california-sonoma
Healdsburg
05/19/1986

Robert and I had been dating for 5 1/2 years when we finally popped the question! We met when I was a senior in high school. His childhood friend was dating my friend who I cheered with, and he was the third wheel. They first called another cheerleader, but she didn't answer the phone, I did! I asked him if he would be my boyfriend the following week and we have been together ever since! He proposed on July 19, 2009 at The Spinnaker in Sausalito. It was where we went for dinner my senior prom, and for every anniversary and birthday. We were with friends who wanted to take pictures before dinner. We walked over to the water (the exact spot we took prom pictures at!) and after a couple pictures he turned to me, so nervous that I could barely understand what he was saying, and got down on his knee and asked if I would marry him. I was a mess by then and I had to catch myself on his shoulders so I didn't fall over, and I said yes!

Location: Healdsburg, CA (his family owns a vineyard, so we will have the ceremony in his grandparent backyard on a beautiful lawn on a hill surrounded by a gorgeous garden overlooking the vineyards, and the recption at the Villa Chanticleer in Healdsburg as well)

Colors/Details: Navy Blue and Fuschia Pink. He is a firefighter, and our nicknames at the department are Bluebear and Pinkbear, plus my favorite movie of all time is Sleeping Beauty (at the end of the movie the faeries are fighting over her dress color - pink or blue! Plus I want to have the Sleeping Beauty waltz played as I walk down the aisle) SO, I'm trying to come up with a theme along those lines without being too Disney! Favors are going to be little blue and pink gummy bears. Guys in Navy Blue, Gals in Fushia Pink, and me in my Fuschia Pink Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps!!! 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine