My Community Profile

FrancieElaine
north_carolina-charlotte

I've spent the last 18 years counseling couples. One of the hard things about marriage counseling is many times the marriage is over by the time the couple seeks counseling. My thought has always been, marriage counseling should begin before the couple gets married! 

I recently remarried at age 42 and was amazed at the stress involved in wedding planning. There are so many issues that come up! Family members often disagree on details of the wedding, putting pressure on the bride and groom to "please everyone".  Couples try to stay within a budget, only to find expenses are more than planned for.  Brides worry over everything!   Many brides feel they must control everything or risk not having things done right.  It is a wonderful time in a bride's life.  It shouldn't have to be the most stressful!  That's where a professional bridal counselor comes in!

My wedding was on June 6, 2009.  The neat thing about this date was that my parents were married on June 6, 1959.  So, I got married on their 50th wedding anniversary.  Unfortunately, my Mother died when I was young, so she wasn't there to celebrate my special day.  But I know she was there in spirit.  

My DH and I exchanged vows on the rooftop terrace of our historical church in uptown Charlotte, NC.  It was a morning wedding, and we stood under the bell tower while the skyscrapers of the city witnessed our nuptials.  Our family was there to celebrate with us, and it was the most perfect day of my life.

My passion is to help other women have their perfect day too.  

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine