My Community Profile

FutureMrsLewins
12/28/2010
pennsylvania-pittsburgh
My fiance, Adam, is from Birmingham, England, and I'm from the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. We met in South Korea where we were both teaching English. We were together for about 1.5 of the 2 years we spent there, and in the end decided to leave together. We traveled through Southeast Asia for a few months then separated for a month to visit our respective families. When I flew to Birmingham on June 4, 2009, we were ecstatic to be back together. Out on the patio that night we decided that we didn't want to wait any longer to have an 'official' engagement (we had discussed it many times in the past) and tearfully announced to our friends, with whom we were staying, that we were getting married. The next day we phoned my parents and asked for their permission and blessing, then picked out a ring. It was tears and happiness for weeks, and, I'm happy to report, has been planning and happiness ever since!
We're planning a Christmas wedding in western PA. Wanting snow for our pics, we've been looking at nearby ski resorts, but so far all have said they don't host winter weddings. We have guests flying in from all over the world, so we've chosen the holiday season as most people have vaca time and won't have to ask for time off. We want to be in a local that allows for people to have things to do since they're traveling so far. So we've been looking at various locations in Pittsburgh. Hopefully we'll find a church and lovely venue for the reception. We're also toying with the idea of Springwood-they have a glass atrium. We'd hold the ceremony and reception there, then say our vows in a church later. Biggest concern is budget. Thankfully most places will be decorated for the holidays. If anyone knows of some fabulous winter wedding places in Western PA, I'd love to hear them!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine