My Community Profile

QueenOfThePenguins
connecticut-bridgeport
04/22/1989

Hi, I'm Shannon and I'm from CT. I'm a big fan of animals, especially cats and penguins (as you may have already guessed) and therefore, my nickname has been "Penguin" since I was in high school. Right now, I'm a sophomore in college and I plan on becoming a meteorologist (no, not like the ones you see on TV... I'm want to work "out in the field" and do research for the Storm Prediction Center at the NWS). Oh yeah, and I'm a born-again Christian and president of the R.O.C.K. Bible Club at my college. InnocentLaughingCool

I'm not officially engaged yet, so nothing has really been confirmed (not even the date) at this time but I can tell you what I'm planning as of yet... I want my wedding reception to be at Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, CT (they have gorgeous rooms that can be rented for weddings, birthday parties, showers, etc.). And check this out... you can pay for them to have real penguins at your reception! To go with the aquarium theme, my wedding colors will be Turquoise and Palm Beach Coral. I don't really want anything to be traditional or fancy... it's too boring for my colorful personality. That's all I've really gotten down so far and all of these ideas are subject to change. Although, I do have several favorite passages from Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Solomon (one of my fav books in the bible because it poetically depicts the beauty and nobility of a virgin bride... the way it should be) picked out that I want my pastor to read at the ceremony.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine