My Community Profile

gingerpeach99
11/14/2009
new_jersey-newark

Hi Everyone!

I just got engaged over Thanksgiving.  My FH had planned a Christmas engagement, but he couldn't wait!  Quite frankly, I'm glad he didn't! I was soooo not expecting it. He even asked my dad if it was ok to marry me.  He's a real sweetheart.  

FH and I met at an ice cream shoppe that I was working in during college.  He would always come in and order the same thing.  I thought he was cute and would always wait on him - he ordered one scoop of mint chocolate chip and one scoop of chocolate on top in a pretzel cone.  I never realized he was working up the courage to talk to me! We didn't start dating right away, we were more like friends in the beginning but he on my birthday he surprised me with a special dinner and that was the night I fell in love with him.

We have been together for 4 years and even moved to New York City together after college. 

I'm really excited to be planning our wedding.  We picked a date already because we're actually getting married on my FH's grandparents anniversary.  They have been together for over 50 years and I hope FH and I are just as blessed.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine