My Community Profile

ChristinaLSmith
05/08/2010
alabama-birmingham
Tuscaloosa
10/16/1986
I am a 22 year old student at the University of Alabama. I am majoring in finance and will graduate in December of 2009. I have been with my fiance' since April of 2003. We met while we were in high school and have been together ever since. We were engaged on June 7, 2008. We are waiting until I graduate from school so that at least one of us will be out of school with a job. My fiance is 22 and is majoring in nursing; and although he is taking his time to get through school I am very proud of him and can't wait for our big day!

So far the decisions we have made about the wedding include a tentative place (as in we both love it, our families love, we just haven't put down the deposit yet)It is a gorgeous bed and breakfast with a huge yard on the water which is where the ceremony (weather cooperating) will be. We have both decided that we want an outdoor wedding at night or around sunset; We chose May 8, 2010 as the date. I want it to be very romantic and lit up as much as possible by candle/lantern/soft lighting as possible.

I have decided on black and white for the colors with red as an accent. I do know my maid of honor will be my sister and I am excited to have her help while planning this wedding; I think it will be something to bring us even closer together.

My flowers will be red roses; and my bridesmaids will wear floor length black dresses. Style of their choice.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine