My Community Profile

Jlacey
03/05/2010
mexico-cancun

Dave and I have been together for almost 7 years - this April 5th!  We met in college and we were just friends for the first year or so. Well, all that changed one night at the celebration of some of our friends birthdays at a local Mexican restaurant.  Later into the evening - after dancing and admittedly a few too many drinks - we shared a "tipsy" kiss.  After that kiss, we saw each other in a whole new light and have been together ever since. 

We have experienced some exciting travels togethers from hostels in Spain to living with a family in a small beach town in Costa Rica. We moved across the country together and have raised 2 doggies together (that are the same age as our relationship).

We are planning a March 5th 2010 wedding in the town of Playa Del Carmen in the Mexican Riveria.  We do not have a venue set, but are planning a "research" trip for this March.  The most impoartant part is that it is on the beach with our closest friends and family - great food and great music!! 

We are also planning a wedding celebration reception for July 31st 2010 for all of the family and friends that can not make the trip out to Mexico.  Lets face it - the economy is not great and we understand we will have a more intimate crowd in Mexico - but, we do not want anyone to feel left out  of the celebration because they couldn't do the Mexico trip.  So we will have a very fun BBQ style bash at my parents lake house in Michigan.  Hanging out on the boat, jet ski, BBQ, beer, the works!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine