My Community Profile

MrsDeLouis
10/23/2010
pennsylvania-philadelphia

The proposal was very sweet. It was April 26, which was a beautiful day for spring in Pittsburgh. We were sitting on his Dad's deck, (which was actually where we first started talking over two years ago), he got down on one knee and the rest is history. I of course cried. It was very sweet. He asked "didn't you want this to be something special?" I told him that it was, it is special because it is you and me and that is all that matters." I am going to marry my best friend and the love of my life, how much more special can you ask for?

As for how we met, if you can't tell, his Dad lives next door to me and invited me over for dinner one evening. The next day, some friends of theirs were having an end of summer party and they asked me to tag along. After that, FH and I, well, I just have to look down at my left hand to see where that went.

Well, we have the date set and so far my wedding inspiration is evolving around a dress that I have fallen in love with and you can see it in my album. My colors are the red that you see in the dress, ivory, and I'm using yellow for my flowers. Against the dark red, it looks amazing. I've narrowed down the reception venue to one place which I should be making the decision on very shortly. I am going to be doign a lot of DIY projects from the Save the Dates to the invitations, and centerpieces. Trying to save a buck everywhere I can. I know that I have over a year left, but it's going to go so fast.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine