My Community Profile

ShannonNicole
10/17/2008
dominican_republic-santo_domingo
I'm 23, from Maryland but I live in Queens, New York. I've been living here for almost 4 years. My husband is from NY. We met in South Carolina at Myrtle Beach in 04, on Memorial Day. We both happened to be there at the same time vacationing. We exchanged numbers and never stopped talking. September 21, 07 we had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Being first time parents is the best feeling in the world! He proposed to me on Thanksgiving 2007. I was so surprised, all my family knew he was going to propose....I did not see it comingLaughing 
On October 17, 2008 we had a beautiful wedding on the beach at the Riu Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Tammy Levent of Elite Travel planned our wedding along with the wedding coordinator at the Riu Resort. We stayed at the Riu Palace. It was the most amazing location to have a wedding. The weather was absolutley wonderful we stayed for 5 nights and 6 days. The price of our entire wedding was cut in half beacause we choose to have a destination wedding. We where satisfied with DR, we had originally planned to do everything in NY. We are so happy our friends and family came to join us on our special day. The planning process was a little stressful but not as nearly bad as it would have been had I done the wedding in NY. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine