My Community Profile

Sunshine80
09/19/2009
new_york-long_island
I am 28 years old and live in New York City with my fiance.  We met when we were 19 years old and I was living and working in Ireland for the summer; we were each other's first love.  We were long distance couple for three years living back and forth in each other's countries, but the distance was difficult and we were too young to get married so we had to part for a few years...we kept in close contact and reunited in Paris for the weekend three years after we had split, and the romance began again...within a year, he had moved to America permanently to live with me and start our lives here.  He proposed in Central Park on a gorgeous Spring night in April 2008. 
We are getting married in East Hampton, NY on September 19th 2009.  Our venue is a marina and resort on the water.  It is an indoor/outdoor space, and is absolutely beautiful with sweeping views of the water.  We are having both the ceremony and the reception there.  We are having about 200 guests, I have 8 bridesmaids and he has 8 groomsmen, and I also have 2 honorary bridesmaids.  I know, I know, it's a lot! We kicked the planning into gear this month, and so far it's a blast!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine