My Community Profile

adoringbride1009
10/03/2009
illinois-chicago
09/23/1990

I've known my fiancee, Jonathon, for almost eight years. We met at church when I was ten and he was thirteen. We had a little puppy-love crush (as only kids can have!) and got as close to "dating" as you can when you're that age.

When I started High School, I met another guy and broke up with Jonathon in December of 2005. We stoppped speaking, and went on with our lives. Little did I know that he was still in love with me! I never left his mind or heart. He had dreams about our wedding; he always knew I would be his wife one day! He never dated anyone else, never kissed anyone else -- but me! He asked me out again in April of '08, and he proposed to me in front of his entire family on November 16, 2008. We are planning a October 3, 2009 wedding. He is such a blessing into my life, and I adore him with all my heart! Yes, we have our struggles and our many flaws. But we have God in our hearts and lives, and now, we have each other!

Our colors are black, ruby red, and white. We are going for a very "Twilight/Phantom of the Opera" feel. Our wedding party consists of five bridesmaids, five groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer, and four ushers.

My gown is from David's Bridal -- the most beautiful dress I have ever seen! It's a combination of my top three favorite styles -- layered, gathered skirt, red beaded bodice with boning, and a beautiful apple-red corset-style back with red ribbons trailing down my back. 

Our wedding is a huge family affair. Calla lilles and red roses are our flowers. Our reception decorations include loads of candles, rose petals, floating roses, mirrors, and black/crystal/red stones in flutted fishbowls.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine