My Community Profile

mrsmclaughlin
06/09/2012
south_carolina-charleston
My husband and I met in school. I liked him before we even met, and then I found out we had a class together, and was so excited, but never expected to even get to know him. We got to know each other and started dating and have been together for four years now. He's in the Air Force and we live on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. We have a Shih tzu named Desmond, who's just about the sweetest, cutest dog I've ever seen and a cat named Oliver who was a rescue baby that my sisters-in-law found by the road when he was just a baby. Right now we also have a stray cat staying with us. He's a sweetie, but we can't keep him, so we're trying to find him a home. If anyone is in the Fort Dix/McGuire area, he sure would make a great pet.
We got married on June 13th 2009. Our ceremony was put together in about a month, because we kept getting conflicting deployment dates and weren't sure when we would be able to get married. Our wedding was very small, and very simple. He and his best man wore their uniforms, I ordered my dress online, and my maid of honor got her dress on sale at Kohl's. It was nice, and I couldn't be more happy to be married, it wasn't what I'd always hoped and planned for, so we're having another ceremony in a few years, so I'm currently working on planning our bigger, better wedding.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine