My Community Profile

Nalamienea
10/26/2008
virginia-virginia_beach

I moved to South West Virginia from British Columbia, Canada just after meeting Chris while playing an online video game. We had met at the SOE game conference in Vegas for the first time in person and there was never a dull moment for 4 days! Never a moment of awkward silence. We knew in November of 2005 that we had to be together to see if it could be that good full time, and it didn't disapoint!

He proposed to me while we were cooking dinner, November 5, 2007, exactly two years to the day that I had moved in with him. It was beautiful. We had been talking about marriage, but just then he blurted out "Let get Married. For real. Like, next year." I cried! We went shopping for a ring after that!

I'm really enjoyed being engaged and getting to do all the engaged things, but I'm very happy the wedding planning is over!  I was engaged for 11 months and I don't know if I could have kept my sanity for much longer. Ugh!

We got married at Douthat State Park in rural Southwest Virginia, on October 26th, 2008. It was a small ceremony and reception with the guest list at about 30 people, to keep expenses down. Our total was right around $3500.  It was a catered buffet with a little bit more of a formal style, and a hint of the rustic through the decor.

The best part? Having all of our families together for a WHOLE weekend! We loved it. :)

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine