My Community Profile

Jessica696
06/20/2009
missouri-st_louis
My fiance, Roy, was a police officer in my hometown.  We were both dating other people and had mutual friends so we ended up becoming friends.  We both ended our relationships and didn't speak for months until the day I found the spider.  One day while I was out at work I noticed a huge spider and decided to snap a picture of it on my camera phone to send to a friend.  While going through my contacts list I came across Roy's name and decided to send it to me since I knew about his fear of spiders.  Not expecting much of a response Roy texted me back and continued to text me.  A week later we went on a friendly date and knew that night that spider appeared for a reason. We were meant for one another.  A month later Roy asked me to marry him on a golf course at night.  Prior to asking me, he asked my father for his blessing.  My entire family was in the club house so they were surprised when I came back in with a ring!
We plan to have a small wedding on the beach in North Carolina and then a "Big Ol' BBQ" reception when we get back to my hometown in Missouri.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine