My Community Profile

couplelove
05/23/2009
04/15/1986
I am 22 years old and my wonderful fiance, Devin is 23. We were engaged 3 days ago!   We have been dating 2 years and 2 months, and this past Saturday- April 12th/08 he proposed!  We went to a lighthouse in the area, and he knows the ocean and lighthouses are my favourite! We had lunch at the restaurant by the lighthouse and then went walking on the rocks.  It began to rain and he held my hand, and we were freezing!  He casually began to speak about how he loved that we were best friends, and the way I made him a better man, and then he turned me to face him and said "do you know what I would really like?  I would like for you to marry me."  Than he got on one knee and pulled out a ring box, opened it and said "Holly, will you marry me?"  I screamed and cried and said yes!  It was wonderful. 

Well it has only been three days, but I know a few things I want.  I want a medium sized wedding in a church.  We want to be married by my current pastor and maybe Devin's pastor to assist if he will travel from Ontario.  I am looking at some type of lighthouse or ocean theme because he proposed at a lighthouse, and it's one of my favourite places to be with him.  I am currently thinking of maybe a soft yellow and blue colour scheme, or a cream colour and buttermilk yellow.  I would love to have cala lilies for the bouquets, and lots of candles at the wedding and the reception.  I was also thinking of small lighthouse centrepieces combined with candles and/or flowers. I will update later!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine