My Community Profile

Lori82
illinois-chicago
Forest Park
01/29/1982

I am 26 years old and work in the Chicago loop. I have been with my wonderful, soon-to-be fiancee for almost 2 years, and we are planning a fall 2009 wedding. He and I met through mutual friends. I belong to an outdoor recreation club, and I had a cookout over memorial day weekend there for some friends. He was brought along as a guest. I had been talking with a couple of my good friends after dinner when it started to sprinkle, and they proceeded to take cover in the car. I decided to wander down to the other half of the table and talk to some of the others. I heard him talking to someone about Chicago, which spiked my interested because I had recently fell in love with the city. He and I got to talking about Chicago, which led to conversations about a variety of other things that lasted the next 3 hours! So, here we are 2 years later and just as happy together as we were from the time be first began dating.

We are getting married on 9-26-09. My bridesmaids will wear plum or royal purple and will probably carry bouquets of green. His groomsmen will wear black tuxes, and green vests and bow ties. We figured we would each incorporate our favorite colors since they complement each other. Since our wedding is still a ways off, we don't have all too many specifics, but I thought I'd share our plans so far.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine