My Community Profile

DutchBride
07/24/2010
ohio-columbus
01/02/1987
Hiya there! I'm Marijke & my wonderful fiancee is Dan. We've been dating since February 24th, 2003. Recently, Dan decided to take the big plunge & proposed to me while on vacation in Hilton Head Island. He popped the question on the beach during family pictures on June 26th, 2008. We are so excited to plan this wonderful event. :)
I am Dutch and so my flowers will definitely be brightly colored tulips. The bridesmaid dresses will be royal blue. I think I will let the bridesmaid pick the dress that fits her the best, but the color will be consistent. I am not very religious, so I do not think it will take place in a church. Possibly in a city hall, or something of the sort. I am on Brides.com to find out options! I'd love to have an outside wedding, but would never be able to stop worrying if it would rain, so it won't happen. :( Shucks! It will be a pretty large event considering both of our families are large. People often refer to him as my "groom in a box" different people in his family run catering, floral, and bakery businesses of their own. His father is a wedding photographer, and his sister a cosmetologist. I lucked out and I LOVE it!!! Our prospective date is July 24th, 2010. Hooray for '10 brides. :)

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine