My Community Profile

Stephorse
07/25/2009
illinois-chicago

My fiance and I have been dating for the past 4 1/2 years, so my family and I were basically waiting for the proposal! It was a matter of when instead of if. We met actually at a summer job that we had taken at Kohls department store, both of us working our way through college. We had talked for a while when I started my shift in the shoe department. He seemed very nice and I was looking to start dating someone new. I am a very shy person, but I had struck up the courage to leave him a note to ask him out and it worked! Another four years later here we are! He proposed during a trip to Chicago we had made together. It was our first trip just the two of us, so we were very excited! We went to the Shed the next morning especially since we love nature and animals. After we had just gotten done viewing the dolphin exhibit, he pulled me aside and purposed!

We have a very small budget. We are fortunate that my parents have saved up some money for us, but we would like to start our new life together as debt free as possible so we can save up money faster for a house. So any ideas on how to make our budget stretch and still have the wedding that we've dreamed of would be very welcomed!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine