My Community Profile

Wunderbride
07/05/2008
california-long_beach
I'm Ashley. I am a follower of Christ Jesus my Lord. The moment my fiance asked me to be his gf I knew he was the one. I met my him at our old church's book store. He and my best friend got hired at the same time so I was always there visiting her, but I didn't get to know him til about 1.5 years later. He even forgot my name LOL! anyways one night after church he read me a verse from the Bible about a godly woman and he saw that in me. I surprised him when I told him that I was praying about him for 6 months. 2 years 1 month and 6 days later, he took me to a beautiful park.  He made me read a short story that he wrote.  It resembled us.  He was nervous and kept having me move because there were always people walking by.  After reading the story I turned the paged and there was a paper heart.  Inside the heart was my ring which has a heart shaped diamond. Ain't it romantic! I can't wait to be married!
Well our wedding is going to be at our church.  My bridesmaids are going to wear cute 50's dresses and have hair like audrey hepburn in "breakfast at tiffany's" but with longer bangs.  Although my wedding is in the summer, I have chosen the an eggplant kind of purple as my color because I love that color and its real elegant.  All the music in our ceramony are going to be old hymns.  Christ is the center of our wedding and I want to make sure that my guest can see that. After the ceramony we're going to Lakewood Country Club for our reception.  My bridesmaids and I are going to change into Cambodian dresses.  I'm doing this because my fiance is Cambodian I want people to see that I am honored to enter into his culture. Right now we're in the process of planning the honeymoon. I can't wait!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine