My Community Profile

Manders8403
08/29/2009
illinois-chicago

John & I met at work. He was too shy to talk to me. The day before his birthday, another co-worker told me it was going to be his birthday, so I bought a birthday card & wrote my number inside. Two days later, 8-9-06, we went out on our first date.

On 1-3-08, John & I had made plans to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. After we ate & began walking back to the truck, he handed me the envelope with the tickets & told me to look inside. I reached in, looked at the seats, & closed the envelope. John said "There's something else in there." & I told him "It's cold, can it wait until we get back to the truck?" (I was wearing a skirt.) Once we got into the truck, he handed me the envelope again & I looked into the envelope & saw a ring. Stupidly, I grabbed it and asked "What's this?" He said "What do you think it is?" & then asked me to marry him.

We're getting married 8-29-09 in Galesburg, IL at the Knights of Columbus Hall. The reception is also at the same location. I've already bought my dress from David's Bridal & my bridesmaids are still looking for dress styles they like. My uncle/godfather is going to walk me down the aisle during the ceremony. John & I have decided to leave out the parent's dance from the reception. We're still on the lookout for a really great DJ & also keeping our fingers crossed that it's not going to rain on our big day so we can still do individual pictures outside in my grandma's garden beforehand. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine