My Community Profile

Brooke051609
05/16/2009
ohio-columbus

My fiance and I met in high school. Actually we met at our babysitters when we were about 5 and 7, but who remembers that! We were friends to start with, then got together my senior year of high school. After 6 1/2 wonderful years of dating amongst college, living in different towns, and big life changes, we got engaged!! He proposed on Christmas Eve and it couldn't have been any better. He had my dad hang Christmas lights on our front porch. After arriving home from Christmas Eve service he said it looked like a package was on my front porch. When it told me to look inside, I found a Christmas village figurine of a man proposing to a woman. When I realized what was happening I turned around to find him on one knee! I can't remember what he said but I remember hearing "marry me?"!! After a "Yeah!" and some kisses we joined my parents, his parents and my brother and his girlfriend in my house for a toast. It was so WONDERFUL!!

We got married May 16th, 2009 and it was WONDERFUL!! Neither of us had any nerves and were more calm that day than through any of the planning! It rained almost all morning, but right as the ceremony started, the sun came out and it was GORGEOUS!! The day flew by TOO fast but it was amazing and now I'm married to my best friend!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine