My Community Profile

MrsMaryAnn
10/04/2011
kentucky-louisville

My fiancee and I have been together for a very long time even though we are really young. Before we were together we were very good friends and loved to go to this small park with our group of friends. We had this special tree we always picnicked under. Even though that was years ago we still like to go there. On April 24th, my birthday, he planned a really romantic picnic with candles and everything cliche. We climbed our special tree and he pointed to something shining on a branch near me. I picked it up and saw that it was a ring! He then took my hand and asked me to marry him.    

Although my wedding is really far off I am already brainstorming ideas so I thought i should start investigating how to make them a reality. I want to be someplace close to home but away from the city. I like the idea of an outside wedding but I hate beaches. Recently I discovered this hidden treasure in Bowling Green Kentucky. My grandmother's friend owns a lovely plot of land with a private museum. Since I'm an art major I love the idea of having my wedding at an art museum. Also the view is amazing. Not too mention the museum is nestled in luscious gardens. So if all goes as planned I think we will reserve this place as our ceremony and reception venue. I want it to be an evening wedding, and my fiancee and I want to keep it small, 150 people tops. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine