My Community Profile

Knoxvegas
06/13/2009
georgia-atlanta

I'm a young-ish bride and have been engaged since February of 2006. Really, I'm laid back. I'm focusing more on the marriage, rather than juggling the family dynamics of the wedding.

My colors are red, white and purple. They symbolize the beginning of my relationship with my sweetheart. I came to work a few weeks after we met very upset because my boyfriend and I had a rough breakup the night before. He went out on his lunch break and spent the entire time looking for tulips (my favorite) to cheer me up. They were in those three colors and so beautiful. We've been together ever since.

I returned to college and my FH came to see me as much as possible. He and my BMs (and my best male friend) became very close during this time (we nicknamed the group "the family"). I'm so happy that they love him too!

He proposed a few months later and when I moved for graduate school the next summer, he moved as well. My FH rocks!

We will be married at my home church. I became very involved in the church when I was a teenager and forged a friendship with my pastor. We have asked him to officiate the ceremony.

We want a more casual function (not black tie by a long shot) that is both classy and unique. We will be having the reception at one of the antebellum houses in my hometown, a nod to my deep southern roots. It will also be a great background for welcoming our Yankee families to our union!

Because we are planning from afar, we have hired a great site coordinator and my mom has been great. The wedding party is in 4 states so we have been working a lot through email and by phone. The wedding is also in their hometown so we will have some chance to get together as needed.

The wedding is planned for the 4 year anniversary of the day we met.

I'm so excited!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine