My Community Profile

EnchantedEverAfterBride
05/15/2010

I'm a hopeless romantic. I'm one of those girls aiming to have the perfect fairytale wedding now that I've found prince charming.

I got engaged 11/19/07. I came home from work and my parents were leaving to fix something at my grandmother's house.  I opened the back door but still didn't turn around, when I finally turned around I was badly startled to find someone in my house. I calmed down after It registered that it was my boyfriend, but I still had to excuse myself to use the bathroom after that scare.

He had the house lit up with candles and the fireplace going. The table was set, tablecloth and all with desserts and a single red rose in a vase. when I returned, he hugged me and began edging me toward the fireplace, then reached behind me for the rose. after describing it as a symbol of our love he bent down on one kneeand had strategically placed himself so that the firelight would catch the ring hidden inside. He said " I thought: how appropriate to put a symbol of our love, in a symbol of our love" and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine