My Community Profile

Marte
08/01/2009
10/25/1983

ABOUT ME
I was born in 1983 in Lørenskog, Norway and moved to England in 2002 to study. My favourite past times are reading, knitting, watching films and drinking tea. My Norwegian name means ‘pearl’.

ABOUT TULPESH
Tulpesh was born in 1983 (nine days after me!) in England. He enjoys reading, hiking, camping and watching films.

HOW WE MET
We met during Freshers Week at Aston University, Birmingham on 30 September 2002. We were both attending the get-to-know-people pub crawl, which had a beach theme.

THE PROPOSAL
I had been at home with my family in Norway for three weeks, and returned to Oxford (where we were living at the time) to receive many welcome back kisses! Tulpesh told me to close my eyes and cover my ears because he had a surprise for me. When I opened my eyes I saw a big bouquet of beautiful red roses and a very nervous Tulpesh! ;-) Of course I said yes!

The wedding will be held at Losby Gods on 1 August 2009. The ceremony will be held in the Library, in the older part of Losby Gods. The ceremony will be humanist, and will be in a mixture of English and Norwegian. The reception will take place in the Ballroom. We have invited 21 guests - close family and best friends only. Almost all our friends and family are going to be involved in the wedding somehow. :-)

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine