My Community Profile

MrsWilliams2008
06/21/2008
mississippi-jackson
03/20/1981

We got married at the ripe old age of 27. I can't begin to explain how excited I am to have married my very best friend, my soul mate, AND my Jr. High sweetie. How many people can say that? 

He proposed on 6/20/2007 (our dating anniversary). We went to bible class and then went to eat in one of our favorite restaurants. Once we were seated, I went to wash my hands. I came back, sat down and we ordered. The waitress was acting weird but I brushed it off. She came back and put a saucer with a coffee mug turned over on top of it in front of me. I don't drink coffee so I just picked up the mug to move it out of my way and there was my ring in a ring box on the plate! He got down on bended knee and all! Turns out the waitress didn't get in on the plan until I had went to the restroom, so that explains alot! By my FH's somewhat shy nature, I never in a million years thought he'd propose to me in public!

We were married June 21, 2008. Our wedding day went without a (major) hitch. We had a traditional Baptist wedding in our hometown in the church that my husband was raised in. Our colors were black & white with dark gold as an accent color. Our wedding party consisted of people we have known since elementary and jr. high school. The reception was so laid back and jumpin'! We had a great time and it's a memory that will last FOREVER. My only regret is that June 20, 2008 was not on a Saturday. How cool would that have been to be married on our dating anniversary??!!

We had a fun, sunshine filled honeymoon in Florida and decided to set roots and start married life right here in our hometown in Mississippi. Can't wait to see what the rest our lives hold with each other!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine