My Community Profile

MoreThanExpected
05/16/2009
colorado-denver
09/15/1983
I was sick, but we had tickets to A White Christmas and reservations at Kevin Taylor's Downtown. He made a toast after a few minutes of holding my arm in the air he flicked my ring on the stem of the glass.  I was speechless (and a bit embarrassed I was so oblivious lol) he pulled a tack hammer out of his jacket engraved with "Will You Marry Me?" I broke the stem, he grabbed the ring got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife. We leave the restaurant about an hour before the show. So he "finds" this little coffee shop around the corner we get a gingerbread chai to split, I had just started to warm up when a carriage pull up outside, turns out he'd reserved it (perfect ) so we cuddle up under a thick blanket to ride around downtown looking at all the Christmas lights.
We're having our wedding at Christies of Genesee in the Colorado foothills.  I spent hours online looking before I found it.  The place is perfect for smaller weddings (which is EXACTLY what we wanted), not to mention all inclusive. I was so excited we looked at it and reserved it 3 days later.  Between our families we have a lot of older and disabled guests so having the ceremony/reception in the same place is really convenient.  They do the catering, bar, servers, and the DJ. Renting the facility includes all tables, chairs, china, centerpieces, the garden, dance area, set up and tear down for ceremony and reception then they clean everything up for us after we leave.  The staff are great we went to sample different menus all were good but we LOVED the last one so we’re decided there too, I can’t wait until May 16! Colors: Lavendar, Charcoal, & white

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine