My Community Profile

gregsgirl
09/20/2008
I've got a degree from DePaul in Finance, but instead of using it I'm managing a UPS Store for a living. It was my high school job that I never exactly left. (Though I was just a lowly clerk back then...) I've changed stores a couple times, even tried to switch jobs once, but I realized I wouldn't be happy with another job.

On what those of us in the shipping biz call "Maniac Monday," the busiest shipping day of the year and my favorite day to work, I came home exhausted but happy because Greg had called me earlier in he day and told me he had finally landed a steady job. (He'd been doing contract work to that point.) He had drinks made for us and the Christmas tree all lit up and he asked me to dance with him. I thought we were celebrating his new job, but then he sat me down and presented me with flowers and a Christmas ornament for our tree. And then he got down on one knee! I practically blurted out yes before he could even ask the question.  

As far as the wedding is concerned, fall is my favorite season, and I've always known that's when I wanted to get married. Though our wedding date is technically a few days before fall actually starts it will definitely have a fall theme.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine