My Community Profile

mrslilysolovely
12/05/2008

I would rather use this space to tell our story...

What can I say? - Many a bartender had served him a beer, but he never really tasted the beer until he met this barmaid.

During a short-lived career in beer - slinging, I was working at a bar (as a third job) within walking distance from his home. He had recently wrecked his truck and did not want to walk as far as his usual hang-out. I was slingin' beer on a Friday night when he came in and sat so quietly watching the "rowdy regulars" . And me, evidently. He would come to see me every week and eventually, we became friends. That friendship continued to grow and we saw that we had something very special together. After the bar job was long gone, we were still going strong and one night we were sitting, having a drink and he held my hands in his and began to stroke my left ring finger and he looked into my eyes and I knew he was asking me to marry him, without even saying a word.

Our family and friends will be gathered around us in a circle as we are handfasted with six ribbons. There will be four columns representing the four corners: north, south, east and west. On these short columns will be items representing the four elements: earth, fire, water and air. The water will be in a crystal pitcher and during the ceremony, we will use it to fill our Cherokee wedding vase, it has two spouts from which we will then drink together, then smash the vase (inside a velvet pouch) to seal our bond ( we will bury the shards after the honeymoon). Then we will jump the broom and make our way to the vintage car as well wishers toss dried lavender from paper cones. Our reception is at the fabulous Grand Plaza - right on the gulf of Mexico.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine