My Community Profile

jessd0320
09/29/2007
wisconsin-milwaukee
Madison
12/08/1980

Doug and I worked together at a newspaper in Southern Illinois and we worked together for a year and a half before we started dating. Truth be told, we both liked each other long before Jan. 20, 2005, but we were two shy souls. He was also my boss.

Now two years later we have moved to Madison, WI, and we love it here. He proposed here, on a scenic overlook on Lake Mendota.

Doug proposed July 17, 2006, my dad's birthday. That day will be special to me because my dad died 14 years ago... I didn't even know Doug remembered. I was getting very antsy waiting for the question and he had it planned the whole time. We had a fabulous and expensive dinner, and then stopped at the overlook on our way to the movie. I knew he'd propose that night, but I didn't know how and it took my breath away.

We had a civil ceremony in December 2006, and we had our church wedding Sept. 29, 2007, with our reception at a beautiful botanical garden. We went to Riviera Maya, Mexico for our honeymoon Oct. 1-8.

Besides the wedding, we just bought a condo! We didn't think we could buy for another few years, but the opportunity presented itself! We also have a dog, a crazy jack russell terrier/rat terrier mix, named Monk. She turned 2 in July, the 17th in fact, so one more important even on July 17!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine