My Community Profile

supergeekgirl
07/19/2008
Well, I'm an uber-geek who met the perfect uber-geek to whom I am now married!  *squee*  We share interests in just about everything, from costuming to Star Trek to anime.

We had a wonderful science fiction and fantasy-themed wedding during the off-season at our local Ren Faire.  We got the park to ourselves and turned it into our own little paradise for a day.  It was really hot, but just about everyone wore costumes without major complaint.

My family helped with every bit of the wedding, which cost us less than $500.  The ceremony took place on the pirate ship stage, and all of the music was from various fantasy movies and video games.  Our guests signed our leatherbound spellbook with a green, sparkly quill.

I made costumes for myself, my husband, all of the bridesmaids, and the best man.

At the reception, we had a cake made to resemble Lothlorien (although it kept wanting to fall over from the heat).  The tables were decorated with the Hogwarts house colors, and we had a feast that included food from our favorite fantasy series.

Overall, the day was amazing, if a LITTLE on the hot side.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine