My Community Profile

Breezer80
08/23/2008
massachusetts-boston
Worcester

I am LOVING this wedding planning! I just started graduate school and September, and while I love my program and what I'm studying, sometimes I think I'd make a great wedding planner. But I think almost every bride says that as they go through the process.

Anyway, I'm glad I found Brides.com, there are so many fantastic helpful people on the site!

The theme: Sunflowers. Translating to the colors being browns, yellows, and a touch of green and ivory. We're going for a rustic feel. The ceremony and cocktail hour will in a lakeside gazebo, we'll focus more on the yellow scheme during the first part of the wedding. As the guests move to the reception location, we'll bring in some of the darker brown colors and kind of make it seem a bit more intimate.

We're paying for everything ourselves (which I understand many brides and grooms are doing now - it's quite a feat, ladies!) so we have a rather strict budget to work with. With graduate school and a full time work schedule it's hard to do some of the DIY projects I'd like to, so I've turned in to quite the bargain hunter. I love giving advice and searching for deals, so if you need help, you know where to turn!!!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine