My Community Profile

AlohaAroha
My DH and I were married last December. I put graduating, writing my thesis, moving across the country three times (west coast to east coast, east coast to Hawaii) planning a move out of the country, applying for immigration and helping my parents above the joys of wedding planning. So now I am trying to capture all the anticipation and relaxation I missed out on in my on wedding(sigh). Still, it was a lovely event that I am very proud of. And it's not the wedding that really matters, but the MARRIAGE!
Our wedding was inspired by Armine von Tempskis's books about Hawaii in the early 20th century.  We tried to capture both the vivid exuberance of her "Paradise" and the dreamy nostalgia of a time gone by.

The lush gardens of a 1920's lodge five miles from where I was born provided the perfect backdrop for a Baha'i ceremony, and the lodge's hall and expansive patio sheltered a dinner of local delicacies and dancing into the wee sma's

The wedding was mainly DIY, from my bouquet, to a massive floral arrangement, to most of the wedding parties clothes. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine