My Community Profile

newsjunkie
10/15/2006

I am a newleywed having been married on October 15, 2006.  Why am I still here?  Well, during my planning I met so many wonderful women and I love to keep in touch with them here as well as by email and myspace- and hopefully in person someday!  I also remember how helpful other newleyweds were to me during my planning.  It is one thing for a soon-to-be-bride to offer her ideas or opinions and we should value everyone's input but it is quite another to hear from someone who recently went through it.  I hope I can help other brides who are in situations similar to those I just went through.

Professionally, I have worked in cable television marketing, radio news, and for several years at Walt Disney World.  I love networking so send me a PM! I now live in Massachusetts and not to be a total sentimental sap but I swear I love DH even more than I did when we got married!

My wedding was October 15, 2006 at a beautiful Victorian home in Savannah, GA. It was wonderful- small and very personal. Only major irritation was the freaking DJ which offended me as I am a former DJ... it's possible I was the only one who considered it "major". Long story! lol Oh, and before the wedding I had an issue with the florist... another long one but that turned out OK in the end. My colors were dark pink, light pink (blush and bashful from Steel Magnolias, anyone?), and ivory. A few more details for those who are interested: First dance: Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty (a childhood dream... sigh...) Cake topper: same as Carmen Elektra and Dave Navarro's! Not because of them, it was just a beautiful crystal topper that I now have in a floral arrangement- perfect! Cake cutting song: theme from Jaws. We cut in time to the music and I have video to prove it. Good times. Last dance: With or Without You by U2 (DH's favorite band) Groom's cake: ice cream bar with toppings and some decor in the colors of DH's alma mater, Auburn (WAR EAGLE!) Ceremony music: Harpist played "Unchained Melody" for bridesmaids (my mom was my MOH!) and then dueted with a friend on the flute for Canon in D for me (totally traditional). I didn't hear a single note!!! lol Dress: My favorite thing... (besides DH) was an ivory, strapless w/ a sweetheart neckline from David's, A-line skirt (made poufier- YES- with a slip) with pickups throughout the skirt and little crystals and pearls at the pickups Flowers: Roses. :) Pink, of course. Favors: Wedding cake. Pure pragmatism there- I had 66 people and wanted a 3-tier cake- someone has to eat it! (AND I have my MIL the top) If I missed something major that you have interest in just PM me!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine