Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message at my wits end....edited for clarity. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Sevati Posts: 29 Registered: 1/3/11
at my wits end....edited for clarity
Posted: Jun 16, 2011 1:06 AM
So my Future Father in Law apparently hates me and I don’t know what I did to make him hate me; though apparently I did it before he met me. The latest incident was yesterday. For a little background information let me tell you what happened on Sunday. So while I was on break at work on Sunday I had an ex-friend (we’ll call him Bob) text me randomly to tell me his wife (who is also an ex-friend, we’ll call her Sue) left him. I asked why, he told me why, and he then tried to guilt me into coming to hang out with him and failed. I told him no because 1: I'm at work and 2: soon as I get off work I'm going to bed. So anyway while that was happening I was texting FI and basically going WTF?

Well fast forward to Monday and said incident. Future Father in Law called Fiancé on his way to work to chat and check up on him and Fiancé told him about the texting with Bob, then me telling him about it, and reading Bob’s texts to him. He did this to try and prove to his father that I don't keep secrets from him. So his father responded with "they aren't trying to stay with you are they?", "I wouldn't have responded to the texts", "I'm afraid for you son cause when you say “I do” that's it", and my favorite "I think she's used to a lifestyle you can't provide.” He's actually told FI that once I use him for all the money he's got, to which Fiancé laughed and said “what money?” that I'm going to leave him like I did my ex. He doesn't believe a husband can rape a wife which is why I divorced my ex.
When Fiancé told me all this I responded with, “What they? Sue left Bob. They aren’t a they anymore!” and “You can’t afford a middle class lifestyle? I thought we were doing pretty well myself.”

He also doesn't approve of us getting married. He actually told Fiancé to live with me, knock me up, but don't marry me because then he's stuck for life. He doesn't approve of spending money on a wedding because it's a waste. He asked Fiancé tonight (direct quote from txt) "Meant 2 ask u! Am I gonna b rbquired 2 wear a suit n Sherry a dress 2 ur funeral opps weddin?"

I don’t know what to do anymore. I know Fiancé should handle it and he has on several occasions told his dad to back off and get over it but he won't listen. I’m about to the point I want to lock him in a padded cell with my stepmother and an angry flying monkey who has lots of poo LOL!

On the note of my stepmother apparently she's a lying b*tch! I went down last month to go with my little sister (we’ll call her Alice) and cousin to get their dresses (or at least pick them out) and my stepmother told me not to worry about my Alice's because she didn't wanna be my Maid of Honor. Well I was texting Alice on Tuesday and I point blank asked her "Do you want to be my Maid of Honor or not?" and she said "Yes I do provided I can get a ride,” which probably means that even though our daddy RSVPed yes, he'll be a no show the day of. I told her not to worry about the ride she could go with Mammaw, Aunt Debbie, or I could come get her the night before. I'm so tired of my stepmother trying to ruin my life and torture my little sister. If my sis doesn't end up as emotionally/mentally scarred as I am from that woman it'll be a miracle.

Here ends my rant....Rewritten now that I’m not “worked up” because apparently no one can understand me when I’m “emotional.” Obviously no one else ever gets that way and they all have perfect lives.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine