Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

chris42005 Posts: 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:32 PM
Dear Bird lover, This is a year later, but I hope you read this. During this thread, my husband spent lots of time in Iraq. In fact about half of our married life he has spent away doing various military duties. Do I know all of what he is doing? No. And I don't rate that knowledge. I think I do. But the government does not think I do for security reasons. Alot of what he does is classified. Why because the enemy does read/watch our news. All you have to do is listen to thier news or thier leaders to know that. My sister in law thinks our government should not have any secrets but her company can(she works for Oracle). I think it is a double standard. I think the phrase "support the troops" is over used, I would like to see more action. I am tired of hearing it is all about Bush's ego and 9/11 had nothing to do with it. Can you support the troops and not the war? Yes, but put some action behind it. Please remember words hurt. You may not support or agree with the war. Which fine. But the words you use to voice that can hurt those who have to go and hurt those families who have to live waiting to hear from loved ones there. Not to be mean, but you and no one else on this thread knows what it is like to have your husband to serve in a combat zone, unless you had a loved one there. My whole point Birdlover is this thread was exposed you to whole lot of views, but until you can walk a mile in my shoes you will not fully understand. I will not fully understand your point of view until I walk a mile in your shoes. I thank you for asking a very hard question.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine