Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Holidays and Families. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

myras Posts: 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Holidays and Families
Posted: May 4, 2010 3:07 PM
As the others say, you juggle. Fortunately, my family and my daughter's husband's family get along, so sometimes we celebrate together. We live about 2 hours apart from the in-laws--the kids live closer to us. The way things have worked out, Thanksgiving (with or without the other side) is always at my house (we celebrate with our best friends, have done so for 30 years, and none of the children is willing to break the tradition and go elsewhere). Hannukah is at my daughter's house (both families and friends), Passover is at the in-laws (both families), birthdays are wherever. This year, my birthday, Passover, and Easter were the same day, so we celebrated all at once. Mother's Day this year, my daughter and her husband will be with his mother (it's also her birthday) and grandparents. I've tried to instill as much guilt as possible, but they're not buying it LOL! We were together with the kids this past weekend and we'll all be together in San Francisco (wedding) next weekend, so we'll certainly see each other. I'm sure I'll get a Mother's Day call, card and/or gift. It's enough. Both his mother and I are secure enough to know that we're loved and to understand that one body cannot be in two places at the same time. So, whatever they decide is fine with us.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine