Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Brats in Church. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts: 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Brats in Church
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 1:37 AM
Cat, I HATED having to stand in the corner!!! That was when I knew I really messed up, LOL!

On topic, I think it's great when children come to church, mainly for the reasons mentioned by previous posters. I do feel that if someones child is being too loud for whatever reason, rather they just keep talking, or they start throwing a tantrum, they should be taken out into the gathering space. I think it's the same thing if 2 adults are sitting in church talking, and you can't hear the preacher over them, then the right thing for them to do is step outside. It's not necessarily the crying baby that's bothering me, but it's the fact that I want to listen and I'm unable to do so. I feel the same way about it as someone talking on their cell phone during the movie. I came to watch the movie, not listen to you talk. At church I came to pray and listen to the gospels and homely (I can't spell that word!), not listen to children crying. I also have a petpeeve of people interrupting, or being loud over others. I know this sounds crazy, but even if I'm talking on the phone, or have friends/family over and my dogs start barking while were talking I say "Rocky/Bella, ____'s talking, that's rude!" and they stop!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine