Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Brats in Church. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

CatStandish Posts: 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Brats in Church
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 7:05 PM
when I was a child, I was expected to behave with a certain level of decorum in public. Failure to live up to that standard was met with a response there AND at home. Sometimes it was something small, like being forbidden from watching my favorite afterschool cartoons for a week or two (and trust me...missing Speed Racer for two weeks WAS a serious punishment, the likes of which only needed to be meted once!) or bigger, like a time out for a particular time every day (I once had to sit in the corner for an hour every day for a week. BORING!) ANd if my parents dished out a punishment, it was followed through, they never merely stated a punishment and didn't carry through with it.

Before a punishment was dished out, I was always warned "stop it or else" and given a chance to cease with just a discussion of why what I had done was wrong.

I never misbehaved at Church. Ever. (Well, except for the time I gave the sunday school bully a black eye, but he took my hat and I did give him the chance to return it before giving him his punishment)

I didn't want children at my wedding because parents do not PARENT any more. Children are just that....children. But if they have not been trained with proper and respectful behaviour, and their parents do not bother to correct them when they act out, they why should I have to put up with the little blighters?!

Misty

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine