Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Brother's girlfriend. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

LinzZ Posts: 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Brother's girlfriend
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:12 PM
My younger brother and I are very close. My cousin (MOH) is my absolute best friend.
For the first 4 years of my relationship with DH he lived at home ( going to college). He was really good friends with his next door neighbor, Drew. Drew was dating Lynn. DH's friends and my friends became a very tight circle. Fast forward a few years and Drew and Lynn go through a bitter, drawn out break up. About the same time, my cousin, Rae, breaks off an engagement. Rae and Drew hook up and Lynn freaks out. She starts going to school and meets new friends. She introduced my brother to a girl. He and the friend started dating. Lynn moved in with the friend and then things went south with the friendship. Lynn also started shit talking my brother and us and all of our friends. But she remained friends with my BIL. She started Harrassing Drew, screaming inappropriate things at Rae in a bar. All kinds of things, including kissing and "grabbing" Drew while he was passed out after a night out then sleeping it off at my BIL's (Drew's best friend). So needless to say we pushed Lynn out of our lives.
Here is the part I need your help with. Apparently my brother has selective memory and doesn't care how people treat his friends and family because he has started dating Lynn. The tension between Lynn and Drew&Rae keeps them from being in the same room. I also have a lot of issues with the way she has treated my cousin ( I haven't even begun to tell you what Lynn has done to her/ them). I don't think I can forgive her. Especially because the general feeling is that she is using my brother to keep tabs on Drew. She has told people ( reliable people) that my brother is reading more into the relationship than it is, "broke up" with my brother once because she had feelings for his best friend, Steve. These happened a few months ago though. They are officially BF and GF.
I don't know how to handle the situation. I can be coldly polite but that's about it. I just don't want this to damage my relationship with my brother. I would like your input. Am I being rediculous? Should I get over it all for the sake of my brother? If you think I should talk to him, what should I say?

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine