Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Vent!!!!. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

BirdLover Posts: 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Vent!!!!
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:07 PM
Francie, you sound like my parents. They paid for any part of my education that I hadn't saved up for (so basically they paid for the majority) and a little bit beyond. They recognize that getting into the working world and actually making enough to support oneself is a lot harder than it used to be, and they didn't want my sister and I to graduate with a ton of debt. Of course, they could afford it . And like you, they wouldn't have given us any money in a situation where we were wasting money elsewhere.

Oh, and they outfitted pretty much my daughter's entire nursery because "we want to spend out money while we're alive. Sorry you won't get much inheritence, ha"

Anyway...this is completely useless for the OP, but Francie I did want to let you know that I'm glad to have read your post because my parents often feel like they are the " weird ones", lol

My inlaws, conversely, who have gobs of money, wouldn't even LEND my husband money when he was fresh out of college, and off work for a month and a half due to surgery. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine