Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Vent!!!!. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

DNAmindy Posts: 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Re: Vent!!!!
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 10:47 PM

Thanks Tuffgirl and AOTB! It's a relief to know that I'm not being just a big whiney ungrateful brat about this, especially since it's been bothering me for years.

I've been sending out a bazillion resumes and have had 1 promising interview for a job I REALLY want...I should hear about it soon. However, if I don't get it, I think I'm just going to suck it up and get whatever job I can that pays the bills, like TuffGirl said.

The funny thing is, when I mentioned that fact to my mother on the phone tonight ("I don't know mom, I think I'm going to give it another few weeks and if I don't get anymore bites on my resume, I'm just going to start applying to retail management jobs"), she said "Finding a job will take time! You haven't been at it THAT long. Just be patient!"....and she said this literally 2 minutes after she made me feel god-awful about taking her money. Sigh! But yeah, being an assistant manager at PetCo sounds a LOT better than putting up with this give-and-take situation I've been in!! lol

Again, thanks for the advice and comments ladies!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine