Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...). Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

kelleyiskelley Posts: 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 11:39 AM
Dh and I rented Gran Turino last night. Loved it. Some parts totally cliche, but Clint Eastwood completely pulls it off and is hilarious. Sort of an archie bunker type character he plays, and I loved how they toyed with and dealt with racial stereotypes in the movie. Really good movie.

Speaking of movies, my good friend Kevin is writing a screenplay right now, an independant film. He is a "geek" (into superheros. comic strips etc) and wrote one, created a character awhile back called The unexciting Adventures of Unemplyed Skeletor. I was in it . It was basically about the comic superhero Skeletor, who had gotten fat and cant find a jobin modern day society. It was a funny movie and was shown at a local NJ theatre we rented. This time though, he created a character totally on his own, and we will be filming the trailor for it this August. He is hoping to sell it to producers, we will be shopping around this fall. He got on Spike TV last year with Skeletor as their presentor at the Comic Con ,walked red carpet interviewing celebs... so he made some good connections... anyway, in this movie I play Ms Pantela, a transexual superhero lol. the movie is REALLY funny, and Im totally not into geek stuff at all. It sort of mocks 80s action films and 80s movies in general. Im really excited to start filming it and hope we can get some interest. the main character is called Lava-Roid, and fire shoots from his Ass. Good times.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine