Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message my mom can now get the Denny's senior menu!. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

TheRealMrsJ Posts: 15 Registered: 6/11/09
my mom can now get the Denny's senior menu!
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:50 PM
Just thought this was funny...

My mom's 55th birthday is today and at Denny's, their Senior Citizen menu is ages 55+.

My dad's out of town for 2 weeks on business and won't be back til next weekend, so we were thinking about taking her out to dinner tonight somewhere tonight. My dad sent me an email as well, asking me to take her out for dinner or get her a cake since he's out of town, saying he'll pay us back when he's home. I asked him what he thought about us taking her to Denny's, as DH and I were joking about it the other night and he was like "Do it! She was just talking about that the other morning when we got breakfast there!"

So I mention it to her last night and was like "Yeah, you can get your Senior discount now..." and she's like "No, no, no!! I get to order off the Senior menu - it's not just a discount!! A full meal for a fraction of the price!"

LOL...

she was soooo excited about it, which is hilarious because the last few years when we mentioned she was getting closer to being able to order off it she was all "Nooooo I have a few years left, I don't want to be a Senior Citizen at restaurants yet!" and now she's all excited about it, LOL...
Formerly TheNewMrsJ

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine