Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Where do you stay in Las Vegas?. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

bride4life Posts: 499 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Where do you stay in Las Vegas?
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 10:35 AM
We stayed at the Excalibur. I don't believe it was under $100 per night so I really can't help you there.
I also would not recommend the Excalibur
We went to vegas not only for vacation, but for a wedding. The couple that got married got married at the 'Graceland Wedding Chapel' I wanted a hotel close to the wedding chapel. So I actually went to a travel agent. At that time I did not know how small vegas was and I was worried about transportation and getting there on time. I have heard that ceremonies only last like 10-15 mins so we couldn't be late. So we went to a travel agent and said, "Our uncle is getting married at the Graceland Wedding Chapel and we would like a hotel really close" So she booked one. We got to vegas and not only was it not close.....but we couldn't of been further away..(we were on the end...the only way we could of been further would be at the MGM or Luxor or one more whose name excapes my now maybe Tropocana-could be wrong)...the hotel and chapel were on the opposite sides of the strip. Also, it was not a great hotel. The only reason I went through a travel agent was to get close. Next, I might as well do it myself...I couldn't do worse.

We rode the bus system and that took forever....very busy time (Valentine's Day weekend) and it stopped every ten feet...we ended up getting off and walk/jogging.....it was quicker than the bus. We got there on time....but barely.

Side note-we also walked the entire strip on other night....it is longer than it looks...I ruined a pair of shoes (granted they were ballet type shoes...not tennis shoes...but still threw them away)

BTW-Fremont street is considered the "old vegas" and the las vegas boulivard is considered the "new vegas"

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine