Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: money matters.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

DoesntPlayNice Posts: 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Re: money matters...
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:26 AM
I totally understand what you are saying.

I guess I think I am just trying to be practical because I know for my husband and I...we KNOW we are going to spend money and know we are not diciplined enough to stay home every weekend and not spend money....so it is a sort of "cushion" for us. If we account for this spending ahead of time then it is there if we need it. If we don't use it we can pay a bill with it. But we are not hurting and our credit card has less than $500 balance...so we can afford that cushion.

I mean what happens if you forgot your lunch one day at work...who is really going to just not eat? but you didn't account for eating out...so you have that cushion just in case. The "blow" fund could be as little as $10 a week. I wish I could find on Dave Ramseys website what he says about the Blow fund...but I can't seem to find it. I think he called it something else.

But Like I said I totally get what you are saying AOTB...but being on the other end of the stick i see it a bit differently. I just would rather be safe and plan for that cushion rather than thinking I can be diciplined enough to NOT spend outside the budget :)

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine