Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Northeast storm gals. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

HLYflute Posts: 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Re: Northeast storm gals
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 11:24 PM
Yeah, our power was out friday from about 5:20 AM until 1:30 PM. We were actually just leaving to head south and scout out a hotel when the power came back on. Not bad at all though, all things considered. We live very close to a mall, so I think they tried to get to our area first... I consider us very LUCKY, with all the problems so many others are having. Virtually no damage around here, just some tree branches down in spots.

I teach up in Fitchburg though, and got a call from the superintendent yesterday afternoon cancelling school for Monday and Tuesday!! They've set up shelters in some of the schools, and I think most people up there are still without power/heat. While I certainly won't complain about the days off, I am really concerned about my students and their families. I haven't been up there yet, but I know Rte. 2 was completely shut down at some point. I'm going to drive up there tomorrow to get my check and see if there's anything I can do to help out.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine