Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Opposite Sex Friends. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

PharmToxGirl Posts: 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Opposite Sex Friends
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 11:27 AM
I have always had guy friends. I've ended relationships before DH because of the jealousy and ultimatums.

Now, I seem to have a lot more girlfriends then I ever did growing up. But I still have a core group of guys friends. My best friend is female and lives in NJ but my closest friend where I live now is a guy. When I first started dating DH, he worked a lot of nights and he'd call me and be like - where are you at? And I was hanging with Ted - and DH NEVER got upset about it. When I told him that I really appreciated it, he was like - you've known him for 10 years, you've known me for 3 months - what right do I have to say anything. Also, obviously, Ted and I respect my relationship with DH, so DH has never had a reason to worry.

And now DH is very good friends with Ted - I encourage them to have guy nights with some of our other friends. And then DH even asked Ted to be his Best Man - And I have NOTHING to do with it. LOL

And when my brother had a horrible time and ended up in the hospital, and DH (FH at the time) was working really early in the morning - I went and hung out with Ted and our other friend James. And DH was completely OK with it, he had to go to bed and he really didn't want me to be alone.

Now, DH doesn't have that many female friends. There are a couple and I'm totally cool with that. Heck, he does stuff for my girlfriends ALL the time and I'm not there. It's all good.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine