Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Wow, just wow.. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

KitKatBar Posts: 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Re: Wow, just wow.
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:53 PM

Ok, so an update.

First, I said basically the same thing Aunt. I told her to be nice, take the high road and just explain is just wasn't possible to continue to be in the party. Offer the dress to a replacement BM if need be. Wish her luck.

She did that, and the bride told her off saying she was now on her Sh*t list, and they weren't friends anymore. The former BM can't say she's all that torn up about it.

I got another email from the bride under a different account name. She sent it after I had "regretfully" declined attending her wedding as well. (It's on Christmas eve) She told me she would just forward her address to me then so I knew where to send her gift, then told me where she was registered.

I'll take the high road once more, and send her a nice card congratulating her on her wedding, but I'm not sending her a gift. Especially considering not one thing on her registry is under 100 dollars.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine