Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

MrsMcCain Posts: 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 11:25 AM
"As far as drugs, I responded to someone yes. I don't think it was you who called addicts lazy and worthless, nor was it you who asked me (and ms. d) if we would make meth and coke legal. However, I responded to that person." I dont know what you mean by "clients" are you a lawyer who defends people on drug charges? If that is the case, more power to you. I use to work in a lawfirm that defended those people too... and the reason I make statements like I did is because probably 3/4 of the clientle were exactly like that. They spend all of their money on drugs, they live on welfare (which by your other posts I thought this would bother you)and they don't even TRY to do anything with their lives. I think it's sad too, and I was not trying to give you an attitude in my other response, but the people that are locked up I'm sure violated the laws many times and deserved what they got. Drugs are terrible for people and they do horrible things, and my only argument was that I think it is silly to compare smokers to people that are locked up b/c of drugs. I can't obviously cite every jurisdiction for you as to why some of these people are locked up, I'm sure some of them were locked up unfairly, but I feel confident in saying that I'm sure these people earned their way to prison, and that the streets are probably safer without them on there.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine